When products are active, ShipStation applies the default weights, dimensions, and other settings to incoming orders when they match order items.
An inactive product is a product record in ShipStation that still exists in the ShipStation database but does not appear in the Products grid and does not apply any of its defaults to incoming orders. This is useful for products you may have discontinued or products you have created new records for due to a new SKU or other change.
Make a product inactive
To make a product inactive:
- Go to the Products tab
- Select the product from the list
- Click the Deactivate button in the action menu.
Alternatively, you can open the product details and uncheck the Active box in the top right-hand corner of the product details window.
- Inactive products do not appear in the Products grid by default.
- To find inactive products, check the Show Inactive Products checkbox in the top right corner of the products page, directly above the grid.
- Products cannot be deleted, only made inactive.