ShipStation provides users with a number of optional settings which can be used automatically fill in customs details and speed up the processing of international orders. These setting effect the customs forms which are generated for international shipments.
To automatically set customs details for international orders, head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Next, select Shipping and then International Settings from the sidebar on the left.
From here you'll be able to define a number of settings related to international shipments. See below for a detailed list of the settings and the potential options you can choose. Adjusting these setting will only effect future orders and shipments which are created in ShipStation.
Default Content Type: The general content description for the shipment.
- Returns Goods
Non-Delivery Option: Dictates what the carrier should do in event package cannot be delivered.
- Return to sender - Carrier will return shipment, at your cost.
- Treat as abandoned - Carrier will destroy package.
Customs Declarations: Controls how ShipStation will automatically generate custom line items.
- Create declarations from order items - Will use the quantity, name and item price from marketplace data, unless customs information is defined as product defaults.
- Use pre-defined values - Will allow you to set the customs line item which will appear for all international orders. Will not be adjusted based on quantity or cost of items within order.
- Leave blank (enter manually) - No customs line items will be automatically created for orders.
Sign Customs As: Allows you to define the name which will appear on customs invoices and documentation as the signer. Generally, you want this to be your actual name versus your company's name.
Would you like to use your ITN/Tax ID or USPS Exemption Code for AES: Allows you to designate a specific ITN/Tax ID code for international shipments.
- ITN/Tax ID - Allows you to define the id value, and choose whether it applies to all shipments or only shipments valued at over $2500.
Only applies to UPS shipments.
- USPS Exemption Code - Choose from a list of pre-defined USPS Exception Codes.
Applies only for USPS shipments, does not effect AU based users.
Send non-trackable Tracking Numbers to Marketplaces: This setting only applies to US-based shipments using USPS, and has no effect for AU based users at this time.