Magento is highly customizable shopping cart software for your website, and you'll want to take full advantage of those features as your orders import from Magento into ShipStation. If you install the ShipStation extension, you'll have access to a dedicated ShipStation settings page that will help you do just that!
Accessing the ShipStation settings in Magento
To find these settings, make you're logged into the Magento Admin Panel, go to System, and select Configuration in the drop-down.
Next, find the ShipStation section and click General Settings.
Click the small arrow to make the settings show up.
Once you do that, you should see these four settings:
These settings can be found in the latest version of the extension file for Magento (version 1.3.54.) If you do not see these options, you may need to update the extension file to the latest available version. Please contact support if you're not able to download the latest version of the extension file.
Price export type: Magento stores allow you to accept different currencies, but will auto-convert them to a designated base currency. If your base currency is set to US Dollars, it's best to adjust a setting in your Magento admin panel to ensure that ShipStation is always getting currency in US Dollars. This is useful because ShipStation doesn't have the capability to convert currency. It's a good idea to check this setting if any imported prices or paid amounts seem off.
- Store Price: Storefront-specific currency (the price your customer sees at checkout.)
- Base Price: Default account currency (price before conversion to customer currency.)
Import Discounts: Allows you to enable or disable coupons and discounts sent from Magento to ShipStation.
- Yes: ShipStation extension will export discounts as an adjustment line item.
- No: ShipStation extension will not export discounts (but Amount Paid will still reflect discounted total amount paid by the customer.)
Export custom attributes as custom options: Gives you the ability to pick and choose which of your Magento custom attributes import into ShipStation as Item Options on purchased products.
- Varies: List of Custom Attributes created in your Magento account. Select each attribute to toggle whether it is included in exports to ShipStation.
- NOTE: During Magento connection process in ShipStation, one of the selected Custom Attributes can be designated as Warehouse Location for use in ShipStation.
Import Child Products: Controls how the ShipStation extension will export bundled products.
- Yes: Both the main bundle Sku and the individual bundle component Skus will be exported.
- No: Only the main bundle Sku will be exported.
- Child Only: Only the bundle component Skus will be exported.
If you make any changes to these settings, don't forget to click Save Config in the top right! Since these are really export settings, changes you make here typically impact future orders only.