ShipStation’s Branded Tracking Page lets you extend your company brand to the page your customers use to track their shipment. This allows you to re-engage your customer as they track their package with your unique branding, including your social media links!
Here is a short video to illustrate ShipStation's branded page features! Step by step instructions follow below.
This article goes over the steps for setting up the Branded Tracking Page in your account settings. Once you have this set up, you just need to enable the Branded Tracking Page on each of your connected stores that will use this feature. You will even be able to customize each store's branding options if you'd like unique branding for each of your stores!
Here's what the finished Tracking Page will look like!
Regardless of the trackable carrier service used to create a shipment, the tracking page will have your store specific branding. Only the carrier information will be different.
Setting the Branding Defaults
These instructions show the process of configuring the Global Defaults, which will apply the same settings to all of your stores. If you'd like to customize each store separately, you can configure the same settings at the store level by going to the Branding Tab in each store's setup window.
Head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Now click Branded Tracking Page on the lefthand side and click on Tracking Page Default.
1. Check the box to display your store logo (which will display in the top lefthand corner of the screen).
2. Select your custom colors for the Status Bar, Title Text, and Map Marker.
Keep in mind that Logo, Social Media Links, and most of Show Service Menu's information is controlled in the Branding tab of each of your store's settings.
3. If you've linked Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram in a store's Branding tab, check the box for Show Social Media Links.
4. Check the box for Show Service Menu if you want to display contact information for your company on this page.
- Select Website to link to a store's unique homepage (a good idea if you sell from multiple websites).
- Check Additional Links to add links to the top of the branded pages. This is great for highlighting promotional items or current sales.
- Check the Return Policy option if you'd like your customers to have easy access to your return policy (this information is pulled from the Returns tab in each store's settings and appears in a popup modal).
- Check the Contact Us option to include the email and phone number you've entered into your store's Branding tab on the Branded pages.
5. Choose which of the order details' components will be displayed or hidden in the Show Order Detail section.
The Order Details information is collapsible on the Branded Tracking page and can be accessed by clicking View the Details of your order...
6. Click Preview Changes to see what your ShipStation Branded Tracking page looks like!
7. Click Save Changes.
To learn how to enable the tracking page and make store level customizations, check out this help article. Once enabled, the tracking link sent in the shipment notification email will automatically take your customer to your new Branded Tracking page instead of the carrier's tracking page!
If the carrier service used is trackable, your customers can click the tracking number in their confirmation email to view the branded tracking page and see the progress of their package.
- The tracking number link in the ShipStation Shipments tab will still link to the carrier's tracking page.
- This tracking relies on the carrier sending automatic updates to ShipStation through their API. Not all carriers support this (e.g. Royal Mail & DHL Express,).
- If your carrier does not support Branded Tracking, the link in the shipment confirmation email will direct them to the carrier's tracking page. So there is no need to worry about enabling this option in your stores!
- Currently, orders sent to fulfillment centers (like FBA or Shipwire) or orders that are marked as shipped cannot use the Branded Tracking Page. We are working to add this functionality as soon as possible!