Occasionally, you may not need to create a label for an order in ShipStation. This article outlines the steps to mark an order as shipped so ShipStation updates the order status, and you'll have access to ShipStation's tracking features.
A few examples of when to use the mark as shipped feature:
- A customer picks up an order in person
- A drop-shipper or 3PL ships an order outside of ShipStation
- You ship with a carrier or fulfillment account not currently connected to ShipStation
- Select the desired orders from the Orders page (either individual or multiple orders)
- Click Other Actions > Mark as Shipped
- Enter the Shipment information.
- Carrier is required, but tracking number is not. If your carrier is not listed, select Other. If there is no tracking number, simply leave that field blank.
- Click the Mark the Order as Shipped button.
Step 1: Locate the desired order(s) on the Orders page.
Step 2: Select the order(s) by checking the order checkbox on the far left of the order grid. Keep in mind, you can select individual orders or multiple orders at a time when marking as shipped.
Step 3: Click the Other Actions button and select Mark as Shipped.
Step 4: Enter the information as needed for the order.
- Carrier is required (if your carrier is not listed, choose Other).
- Tracking number is optional but we recommend entering it if available.
Step 5 (optional): Click the checkboxes to Notify Customer, Notify Marketplace, or Deduct Inventory as needed.
You can also change the Ship Date in this window. An explanation of each option is included at the end of the article.
To check all boxes for all orders at once, click the blue headers.
To remove an order from the list, simply hover over the order and click the X to the far right.
Step 6: Once you have completed the above steps, click Mark as Shipped.
Check out this quick video to see how to mark an order as shipped.
Mark As Shipped Options
- Ship Date: Change the Ship Date if the order will not be shipped that day. This is useful to help track shipments more accurately in the Shipments tab.
- Notify Customer: Checking this option sends a shipment notification email from ShipStation to the customer.
- Notify Marketplace: Checking this option sends a shipment notification to the marketplace so the marketplace can update the order status appropriately. The notification includes the carrier and tracking information, when available.
- Deduct Inventory: Checking this option removes stock from a product's inventory in ShipStation. Select this option if you are using ShipStation's Native Inventory solution.
- Orders marked as shipped count against your monthly shipment limit. If this is a concern, you can change the order status through your selling channel instead, which will cause ShipStation to update the order status to Shipped the next time the selling channel refreshes.
- Alternately, you can cancel the order in ShipStation, which removes the order from Awaiting Shipment and adds it to the Cancelled section. This method is not ideal for reporting purposes.
- If you use ChannelAdvisor, you may encounter errors if carriers have been set up incorrectly in your ChannelAdvisor account.
- For information on using the Mark as Shipped Bulk option, check out the article How can I bulk update orders with tracking information via copy/paste?