When you press any 'Create Label' or 'Process Batch' buttons in ShipStation, an additional confirmation screen will display by default.
For example, here's a Rate Details screen shown after selecting an order and clicking 'Create Label':
The Rate Details screen provides a convenient way to:
- Verify or change your shipping service selections
- Override the Scheduled Ship Date for the shipment
- Make a one-time addition to your Shipsurance balance
- View shipping warnings that won't block you from creating a shipping label, but may influence your shipping decisions (More on this below)
Here's an example Rate Details screen for a UPS order, with a common shipping warning shown:
...shows up on the Rate Details screen anytime a user selects a confirmation type of "Delivery" for a UPS shipment.
It's worth noting that experienced shippers tend to decrease their reliance on the Rate Details screen by doing the following:
- Using a familiar set of shipping service selections, reducing the need for test labels or carrier-specific shipping warnings.
- Adjusting their Shipping Cutoff time so as to roll the Scheduled Ship Date forward after a set time.
If you find that you don't really need the Rate Details screen when you're shipping orders, you can skip it by using our Quickship feature.