Howdy from all the way in Austin, TX! Getting started with ShipStation is easy -- we’ll get you going from zero to ship in no time!
Click the link to jump to a specific section:
- Quick Setup
- Shipping Orders
- Selling Channels
- Current Available UK Carriers
- Getting Help
- Additional Information for UK Account Users
To get started you must add a selling channel, connect a carrier account, choose your label print format, and enter your Ship From Location. The ShipStation Welcome screen, available when you sign in for the first time, will guide you through the first three steps.
The following resources provide detailed instructions for each process:
- Add a selling channel to import your orders.
- Connect your carrier accounts to ship your parcels (referred to as packages in ShipStation). ShipStation now automatically includes the ability to create myHermes, DPD, and Parcelforce labels. Just enter your payment information once, and you are good to go!
- Choose a print format: Use ShipStation's 4"x6" option for thermal label printers and the 8.5"x11" option for standard (A4) printers.
- Enter Your Ship From Location: Connected carriers need your origin address to return accurate rates and for your return address to display on the shipping label. An origin address and return address are saved as a pair called a Ship From Location.
That's all you need to make a label, but there are plenty more features to try out. For recommendations, check out this support article.
Watch this video for a step-by-step guide from login to creating your first label with ShipStation Carrier Services:
The instructions in the following articles represent steps in the day-to-day workflow for most users:
- Import Your Orders: This can be done manually at any time, or you can set your store to update automatically.
- Create labels for your orders: Go to the Orders tab and view the Awaiting Shipment orders.
- Track Your Shipments
- Check your shipment notifications
- Reprint an extra copy of a label for free in case you need it for your reference or it didn't print correctly.
- Setup Branded Tracking to enhance your company's brand through the entire shipping and tracking process!
If you use a selling channel we don’t yet integrate with, we provide additional options for importing your orders into ShipStation:
- Import orders using a CSV file (import your orders from a spreadsheet)
- Building a Custom Store Connection (for users with their own store developer)
- Accessing ShipStation's API (for using a selling channel's API)
Current Available UK Carriers
For new users, ShipStation automatically provides access to myHermes, DPD, and Parcelforce services using ShipStation Carrier Services. Simply enter your payment information, either the first time you create a label or in the Carrier & Fulfillment settings, and you can create labels for any of these three couriers. The card entered here will only be used for postage and does not opt you into a subscription.
ShipStation also has direct integrations to the following six major couriers in the UK as well as FBA UK. If you have an account with any of these couriers, connect the account to ShipStation in the Carrier & Fulfillment settings. Once connected, you can start creating labels for these couriers with the connected account.
- How do I connect Royal Mail to ShipStation?
- How do I use Royal Mail within ShipStation?
- How do I create a Royal Mail Sales Order Summary?
- See what domestic services UPS UK offers
- See what international services UPS UK offers
- Where can I find my contact information for UPS registration?
- See what domestic services FedEx UK offers
- See what European services FedEx UK offers
- See what Worldwide services FedEx UK offers
- How do I connect an active DHL Express account to ShipStation?
- See what international services DHL Express UK offers
When you need help, we've got you covered:
- In-App Help
The Support Resources icon (the 'encircled question mark' icon in the top right of your ShipStation) provides access to page-relevant support articles and access to our Help Centre. Chat access is available from the Help Centre from 8am to 5pm GMT for Silver-level plans and above.
- Our Support Centre
Get to our Support Centre using the in-app menu or via help.shipstation.com. All our knowledge base articles are easily browsable and searchable. Try searching for keywords like import or pick list. It also has links to our blog, community forums, videos, webinars, and product feedback forums.
- Request Support
Your Account Manager is a great resource to help you set up, and their email address and phone number were forwarded to you when you signed up for a ShipStation account. But if something's not working right, get an example ready (screenshots never hurt) and contact our Support Team via support case or Chat.
Additional Information for UK Account Users
ShipStation uses American English in the ShipStation web app and in most help articles. For example, in most cases:
- ShipStation uses the term package instead of parcel
- Shipment instead of dispatch
- Carrier instead of courier
Royal Mail has a few limitations other UK carriers do not have. Review the article, How do I use Royal Mail within ShipStation? for details.
ShipStation's Branded Tracking feature is now available for domestic shipments in the UK when using carriers that send tracking updates to ShipStation!
If you have questions or concerns, just contact Support and we'll gladly help. We look forward to helping you get ship done!