After UPS and FedEx deliver a package, changes may be applied to your invoice that make the rates different than what you were originally quoted.
These can include any of the following reasons:
- The entered order weight differed from the weight the driver recorded.
- You chose "Daily Pickup" as the rate type, but then dropped it off at the Customer Counter.
- Your selected Ship From Location has incomplete origin information.
- Your UPS Negotiated Rates were not fully setup in ShipStation.
If UPS/FedEx charges you differently than you were quoted, the reasons for the changes should be listed on your invoice.
- For more information about potential additional charges from UPS, see the UPS Additional Charges page.
- For more information about potential surcharges from FedEx, see the FedEx Surcharges and Fees page.
Quotes in ShipStation are as accurate to the best of our ability at the time rates are requested, but discrepancies in the rate selection, weight, size, or any other variable of your shipment may change the final fee assessed by your chosen carrier.
ShipStation uses Melissa Database to verify CA, GB, and AU addresses, the Stamps.com's Address Verification service for US shipments, and may not always align with the determination made by a private carrier.