ShipStation Connect acts as the hub between ShipStation and your connected printers and scales (much like ShipStation acts as a hub between your selling channels and shipping providers).
Connect should be installed and running on any computer that has your printers and/or scales connected to it.* It is also a continuously-running program that runs in the background, so it won't interfere with your other activities.
*Computers that do not have printers/scales directly connected to them do not need ShipStation Connect installed.
If something has interfered with Connect's ability to communicate with your devices, however, you can simply re-activate Connect to get them talking again!
First, make sure that Connect is running. If it is not, launch it from your Applications folder. Once you've ensured that it is running, follow the steps below.
To re-activate Connect on a Mac
- Click the Connect icon on the righthand side of your computer's menu bar.
- On the ShipStation Connect popup, click De-activate this Computer and then log in with your ShipStation credentials. This will re-activate Connect on your printer workstation, and allow those connected devices to communicate with ShipStation again.
If Connect is still not sending to your printer, try fully uninstalling and reinstalling the program.
- In the upper right menu bar, click the Connect (wrench) icon and choose Exit.
- If you are unable to exit out of Connect from there, search for Activity Monitor through the Spotlight search
- Once open, search for ShipStation Connect in the upper right search box
- Click on ShipStation Connect, then click the stop sign symbol in the top left of the Activity Monitor window.
- Go into the Finder, hold the Option key and click the Go menu, then click Library.
- Open the folder called Application Support then move the folder called Shipstation Connect to the trash.
- Download the Connect installer from ShipStation's Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect and re-install ShipStation Connect.
*NOTE: To view and administer your connected devices (printers and scales), you'll need to be logged into the ShipStation app with the same username and password used to login to ShipStation Connect. You can then share your connected devices with other users on your ShipStation account, so those users will be able to select the workstation printers when printing labels and other documents from their user, no matter what computer they are using!