ShipStation is committed to protecting your data and maintaining a secure platform where you can ship efficiently. Because of this, we will no longer be supporting the outdated security protocols TLS 1.0 as of June 30th, 2018.
The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI) has more information about why these are no longer safe to use.
If you are receiving any of the following errors when attempting to use ShipStation, you may need to update your OS and/or browser:
- "The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send."
- "Unknown SSL protocol error in connection to ssapi.shipstation.com:443"
- "java.net.SocketException: Software caused the connection abort: recv failed"
These operating systems will no longer be supported once TLS 1.0 is disabled:
- Microsoft Windows Vista
- Microsoft Windows XP
- Microsoft Windows 2003
- MacOS 10.8 and below
These browsers will no longer be supported once TLS 1.0 is disabled:
- Internet Explorer versions 10 and below
- Mozilla Firefox versions 26 and below
- Google Chrome versions 29 and below
- Apple Safari versions 6 and below
If you are using ShipStation on any of the operating systems or web browsers above, please make sure to update them to ensure you don't receive an error when using ShipStation.
If you are unsure about your browser, this site allows you to test it out.
If you have any further questions about this change, please contact us at email@example.com.