If you can't log into ShipStation, you can't ship and we want to make sure that you can ship as effectively as possible. If you are running into this error below, there are a few things you should try.
1. Log in using your Username, not Email address
Multiple accounts or multiple users can use the same email address, but a username must be unique, and no other user in ShipStation can use it. Instead of logging in with your email address, make sure you're logging in with your username.
In some cases, you may have configured your email address as your username. For example, it's possible that a single email address could be used for multiple users (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) and this email address could also be used as one user's username. To avoid any potential issues that could arise from this, always be sure to log in with your username.
2. Reset Password
If you are using the correct username, the next step is to reset your password.
Click Forgot Your Password? in the lower lefthand corner of the login menu.
Enter your username (not the email address), and click Send Password Reset Instructions.
Go to the email address that is connected to your username and click on the reset link in the email you received (make sure you have no popup blockers preventing this page from opening).
Enter your new password into each field and click Change My Password.
Now, click Log into ShipStation! and follow the standard steps!
3. Have an admin user unlock your username
If your username's email address is inaccessible to you and you are locked out due to repeated failed login attempts, have an admin-level user on your ShipStation account log into ShipStation to unlock your user account.
The admin user will go to Settings > User Management and click Edit next to the user needing to be unlocked.
In the popup, click Unlock Account and Save. (You can also have the admin user update your password from this popup.)
4. Contact ShipStation Support
If you are still unable to log in, you or another admin user on your account will need to contact ShipStation support.
This will require the following:
- This user contacting us MUST be an active Admin-level user on the account.
- The username of the user unable to log into Shipstation.
- Account-level details like billing address and last four digits of the credit card used for the ShipStation subscription.
- If you are the only user on the account and are unable to login to your profile to submit a support case, you can still provide the information needed in an email to Support@ShipStation.com.