If you need to export large amounts of data, or if you need to customize your reporting, head to the Shipments page and click on the Export action menu. This option allows you to export a report containing just the specific information you choose. All files export to a CSV formatted file.
1. First, click on the Shipments tab.
2. Then, click on the Export action menu.
Here you'll have two options to choose from:
Shipped Orders exports order level shipment data.
Shipped Line Items exports item level shipment data. If you want to include item specifics on your report, this is the option you will need to choose.
Note: if you need a report that includes fields that are unique to each type of export, you will need to export two separate reports, then combine them in your spreadsheet app manually.
3. Next, in the Export popup window, click Create a New Format. The format is the layout for your customized report. (You can create as many custom formats as you need!)
4. In the following screen, name the format you want to create, select the fields you want to export from the Available Fields list, and click the right arrow to add them to the list of Fields to Export.
Note: If you don't see a field you need, click the Show Advanced Options checkbox.
Once fields are added to the Fields to Export list, you can drag and drop to order them in whatever sequence you'd like them to appear on your report. The top item in the list will be the column A header in your spreadsheet.
5. When you have your report organized how you like, click Save Export Format.
This will take you back to the initial export pop-up screen where you can choose to export ALL records in your current view (meaning all the shipment records in your Shipments grid), or only export selected shipments.
PRO TIP: by using ShipStation's filtering options, you can select just the subset of shipments for which you want to export data. For example, use the Ship Date filter, Store filter, and Carrier filter to export only shipments that were created for one selling channel and shipped via USPS between October and December.
Once the filters are in place, select the shipments you want to export, then choose Export > Shipped Orders, select your custom format and click Export.