When it comes to generating return labels, you'll need to make sure you're using a carrier that supports the ability to do so.
These carriers are:
- USPS (Stamps.com, Endicia)
- DHL eCommerce (via Endicia only)
- Canada Post (Commercial Accounts only)
- Royal Mail
Check the table below for which of your local carriers support creating return labels in your ShipStation account!
*US: DHL eCommerce domestic must be enabled through Endicia.
**UK: DHL Express domestic shipments only
***Royal Mail tracked services only
A few things to remember about creating return labels in ShipStation
- Return labels are only supported for domestic shipments. So any shipment shipped outside of your carrier account's country of origin will not be able to generate a return label.
- Return labels are not yet supported for Australian ShipStation accounts.
- Currently DHL Express, Australia Post, and many consolidators or discount services (like FedEx One Rate or UPS SurePost) do not support creating return labels. Check with your carrier if you are unsure if yours will support return labels.
- For FedEx SmartPost returns, these return labels will use the return address you have in your FedEx.com account, which may or may not match the return address you have configured in ShipStation for your Ship From Location.