ShipStation has two sections on the Settings page where branding options can be configured:
- The Branding Defaults under the Branded Customer Pages section (settings here are global branding settings you can applyto all selling channels).
- The Branding tab in the Store Setup for each individual selling channel (settings here are unique to each individual store and will override any global branding settings).
The information you configure in these sections can display on:
Additionally, uploaded logos can be displayed on labels, if your carrier supports it.
For a short demonstration on setting up your selling channel's branding options, check out this video:
The Branding Defaults
The Branding Defaults page allows you to enter global branding settings that will apply to all connected selling channels unless the selling channel uses custom branding options. This page will also let you know which stores are not using the Branded Tracking Page.
The Branding Tab
The Branding tab for your store is where you enter your selling-channel-specific information.
GENERAL SETTINGS include:
- Company Name
- Phone Number
- Email address
- Store Logo
- Website URL
- Social Media Links
This example uses the ShipStation logo, but you can upload any logo image you like!
CUSTOM SETTINGS, which override the global branding settings for tracking and returns pages, include:
- Logo setting
- Custom colors
- Social Media link settings
- Services menu
- Order details options
Emails and Packing Slips
You don't have to create an email or packing slip template for each individual store. Instead, by using field replacements in your templates, you can assign a single template to each store and it will use the information in each store's Branding tab to provide a unique email and packing slip for each of them.
The following image shows the editing screen for our default email template. Field replacements are indicated in templates by [square brackets] and are listed in the right-hand column for both the email and packing slip editing screens.
Review the following articles for details on customizing emails and packing slips:
- How do I customize my email templates?
- How do I upload a logo to my email templates?
- How do I customize my packing slips?
- How do I add my store's logo to my shipping labels?
- How do I adjust the size and quality of my store logo?
Branded Tracking Page
Once you have configured the Branding Defaults or the Branding tab, you only need to then tell ShipStation to start using the Branded Tracking Page.
- Go to Settings > Selling Channels > Store Setup
- Click edit next to the store you wish to enable Branded Tracking for
- Click on the Tracking Page tab
- Click the radio button for Branded Tracking Page
From this moment forward, all shipment confirmation emails sent for this store will link to the Branded Tracking page instead of the carrier's tracking page!
For more details on configuring the Branded Tracking Page, check out the help article, How do I set up the Branded Tracking Page?
Here is an example of the Branded Tracking Page (pre-shipment) based on the settings from the example images above (remember, imagine your store logo where the ShipStation logo is!):
Branded Returns Portal
Once you have configured the Branding Defaults or the Branding tab, you'll need to then tell ShipStation to enable the Branded Returns Portal. There are a few more steps to get your Branded Returns Portal configured, though.
For detailed steps on configuring the Branded Returns Portal, check out the help article, How do I set up Branded Returns Portal?
Here is an example of the Branded Returns Portal based on the settings from the example images above (remember, imagine your store logo where the ShipStation logo is!):