Amazon's Seller-Fulfilled Prime orders can be fulfilled through ShipStation using our premium integration with the Amazon Buy Shipping API. If you would like to fulfill these shipments through ShipStation, reach out to our support team and we'll enable it.
- The Amazon Buy Shipping API is currently available only to U.S. ShipStation accounts.
- Only seller-fulfilled Prime orders that are imported from a directly connected Amazon or ChannelAdvisor selling channel can be shipped using Amazon's Buy Shipping API.
Once enabled, you will have the ability to ship using your available Amazon Shipping services. There is no setup that you'll have to do within ShipStation. ShipStation takes care of all that for you.
When the connection is successful, you can filter your Amazon Fulfilled Prime orders using the Amazon Prime tag that is applied automatically to any Amazon Prime order that imports!
You can then select from your available Amazon carrier options listed in the Service dropdown under the Amazon Shipping carrier.
A few things to be aware of when using the Amazon Buy Shipping API:
- In order to access your negotiated rates setup with UPS, be sure to connect your UPS account to Amazon Seller Central. If currently logged into your Seller Central, head here for more information on connecting your carriers.
- If Amazon determines the service you selected will not guarantee the shipment will arrive in the required time frame, the API will return an alert and prevent you from creating the label for that order. In these cases, you will need to select a faster service.
- You may only use the Amazon Buy Shipping API for Seller-Fulfilled Prime orders. You will not be able to create labels for non-prime orders using the Amazon Carrier options.
- While there is no upgrade charge to your subscription fee for connecting to the Buy API, keep in mind that ShipStation will add a $0.20 fee to each Amazon Buy Shipping API label created within ShipStation.
- End of Day forms (aka: shipping manifests) are not currently supported in ShipStation for shipments created through the Amazon Carrier. The Amazon Carrier will display in Shipments > End of Day, but cannot be closed or printed.