Once your shipments are ready, you must then take the day's SmartSaver packages, place them into a larger package, seal it, and ship them to the nearest GlobalPost facility.
IMPORTANT: Shipments using SmartSaver services cannot be included on a USPS SCAN form. ShipStation will automatically exclude these shipments.
Shipping to the GlobalPost Facility
First, print your individual shipments' labels.
Once you're ready to ship your orders, this is where the different workflow comes in.
GlobalPost will have you use either UPS or FedEx* to ship the SmartSaver container to their facility. In ShipStation, you will create this label and bill to the third-party account GlobalPost provided for you.
*If you don't currently have an account with the designated carrier (either UPS or FedEx), you will need to set one up.
Then, at the end of the day, do the following:
- Place all of your GlobalPost SmartSaver shipments into a container (that is, a larger package) to ship to the nearest GlobalPost facility.
- Create a new manual order for this larger container.
- Enter the shipping configuration for the container, and print out a FedEx/UPS label (making sure it is billed to the third-party account).
- Stick this FedEx/UPS label onto the container for your GlobalPost SmartSaver shipments.
Remember, each individual shipment will need to have its own label as well.
The carrier will come by, pick it up, and ship it to the facility. Once at the facility, the packages will be taken out of the container and shipped accordingly!
SmartSaver does have size restrictions:
|Package Type||Dimension Limitations||Max Weight||Max Value|
Note: Length is always the longest dimension
1. Create a new manual store exclusively for these larger containers that the shipments you've created for each day will go into.
2. Set up an automation rule to assign the designated third party account for these containers' shipping charges.
NOTE: If you find yourself using the same size container for your SmartSaver shipments, you can set its package dimensions on this automation rule as well.
For other ways to automate adding your container size, check out this article.
3. Create a new manual order for each container that your day's SmartSaver shipments go into.
GlobalPost and/or Stamps.com will provide you with the address for the nearest GlobalPost facility.
Click Save Order, and you're ready to create the label!