This article explains how ShipStation users save time by using bulk imports to update their Jet product listings. Here you'll learn about ...
Jet.com requires users to manage all product listings outside of Jet, and then to upload any listing updates to Jet as they occur. For users, this means using Shipstation to add new products and to change product records. But manually updating your changes takes time, and this method isn't ideal for users with a large number of products.
How can I save time and bulk import my listing changes?
Use ShipStation's Product CSV (comma separated value) import process to add new products or make changes to products in bulk! ShipStation's integration with Jet will then send the product information over to Jet to ensure the information is consistent across both platforms.
KEY POINT: To import products into ShipStation, you must use ShipStation's pre-formatted CSV template! Find directions to our template below.
Importing Products into ShipStation via CSV
1. To download the product CSV template, go to the Products tab, click Import, then select Download Sample CSV file.
Once you've connected a Jet.com store, the pre-formatted CSV contains custom fields specifically for Jet products. Do not edit or remove any of the column headers in the CSV. For any field(s) you do not need, simply leave the cells blank.
2. Enter your product information into the appropriate fields in the downloaded template. The Jet- specific fields are after the ParentSKU field in the CSV:
Description, JetBrand, JetPrice, JetMultiPackQuantity, JetCategory, and JetInventoryOverride.
These fields correspond to the fields available in the Jet tab of your product details window.
A word about Jet Categories
When bulk importing the Jet Category into ShipStation, you must enter the numerical Node ID that corresponds to the Jet Listing Category into the CSV. Click here to download a complete list (in xlsx format) of available numerical Node Ids and the Jet Listing Category mapping.
Use either an L0, L1, or L2 node ID in the JetCategory field. See the following example using the first line of categories from the downloaded spreadsheet:
- Enter an ID of 1000000 into the JetCategory field. ShipStation will import the product using the Books & Other Media category, which is how Jet will add it to your catalog.
Enter an ID of 1000001 into the JetCategory field. Jet will map the product to their Books & Other Media category, with a sub-category of Books - Arts & Entertainment.
Enter an ID of 1000002 into the JetCategory. Jet will map the product to their Books & Other Media category, with a sub-category of Books - Arts & Entertainment with a specific, tertiary category of Architecture.
Jet recommends getting as specific as possible with the category mapping (by using at least an L1 Node ID).
3. Once you have completely filled in your CSV, save it.
4. Go back to the ShipStation import window, and click Select File.
5. Choose your new CSV, select to identify products by SKU and Update product information if the products already exist.
6. Click Start Import. The upload may take a few minutes, depending on how many products there are. You can close this window and ShipStation will work on this upload in the background.
You’ll see a success message once your product import completes!
7. Go to Settings > Selling Channel > Store Setup, and click Edit next to your Jet store.
8. Go to the Jet tab, and click Trigger Manual Sync. This will ensure your new products and changes have been uploaded to your Jet account.
9. Finally, be sure to set your products' stock levels. You can do this by individual SKU, or in bulk:
Now you are ready! ShipStation automatically updates your product stock levels to Jet once every 12 hours.
Read our article How do I import my orders via CSV? to learn about making bulk imports for your other stores!