This article discusses ...
- How Jet.com and ShipStation handle customer-initiated returns.
- Available Actions for customer-initiated returns.
How Jet.com and ShipStation handle customer-initiated returns
If you wish to dispute a return or refund request placed by one of your Jet.com customers, Jet.com requires you to approve, dispute, or refund the customer-initiated return within 48 hours. Otherwise, Jet.com automatically approves the return.
Reminder: The seller doesn't deal with returns directly. Jet.com's support team handles claims from customers.
While importing orders from Jet.com to ShipStation, ShipStation checks for any returns. ShipStation then imports a return into the Outstanding status on the Returns page in ShipStation.
ShipStation will generate an alert when a Jet.com return has either Imported or Updated (for example, from the Outstanding status to the Received Status). Read How do order alerts work? for more details.
To view the return details, go to Shipments > Returns and select RMA # (return merchandise authorization number) to open the Jet Return Details.
The Return Details include the Item and QTY returned, the reason that buyer created the return, the Refund value of the items included in the return, and the cost of the return label that Jet provides to the buyer.
Available Actions for customer-initiated returns
- To approve the refund and cover the cost of the return label, click Complete Refund.
- To adjust the Refund Amount so you can submit a partial refund, click Edit next to the Refund Amount, or set it to $0.00 to deny a refund for the item.
- You will then be prompted to provide a reason for this adjustment.
- To dispute this label charge with Jet.com, click Dispute next to the 'You Will Pay Jet' Return Label Cost.
- You will then be prompted to provide a reason for disputing this charge.