Configure ShipStation to automatically print both individual labels and batches. This will save you multiple clicks and make your workflow more efficient.
To automatically print labels, you must configure three settings:
- Set a default printer via ShipStation Connect
- Activate Quickship
- Configure the Label Queue print options.
- This configuration requires you to have already set ShipStation to print using ShipStation Connect.
- This option is best used by shippers who have a consistent and tested workflow.
Set a Default Printer
1. Set a default printer for each type of document you print in ShipStation in Settings > Printing > Printing Setup.
2. Click Always Prompt in the Print To column and Labels row.
3. Select the option Print via ShipStation Connect and select the printer from where your labels will print.
With your default printer set, ShipStation will automatically send the label to the selected printer once you click Create Label in the Cost Summary screen (skipping the print dialogue window).
Next: activate Quickship to skip the Cost Summary screen.
1. Make sure the Quickship option is enabled in Settings > Account > Display Settings.
This is a Global setting that allows or prevents Quickship for your account users.
2. Click Activate Quickship (the lightning bolt icon) in the Orders tab.
Activating Quickship tells ShipStation to skip the Cost Summary screen when you click Create Label. Used in conjunction with the default printer, all of your individual labels will now automatically print to the default printer as soon as you click Create Label.
NOTE: When you skip the Cost Summary screen
- Your order's shipping parameters (weight, dimensions, service & package type, etc) will need to be set already (using Automation Rules is a great way to make this process even more efficient).
- If shipping USPS, be sure you have auto-funding enabled.
- Any warnings regarding shipping for these orders will be skipped, so this option is best used by shippers who have a consistent and tested workflow.
If you print only one label at a time, you can stop here. However, if you use batches, move on to the next step to configure the label queue.
Configure the Label Queue
The Label Queue is where ShipStation stores your most recently created labels (individual or batches).
1. Open the Label Queue and click its Settings (the small gear icon to the right).
2. Check the checkbox for Print labels immediately upon completion.
Once this option is set, your batches will print immediately to your default printer as soon as they finish processing.
Use the Label Queue to identify and fix any errors that may arise when generating labels (for example, if an invalid shipping service was selected for an order).
Please read our article What is the Label Queue? for more information about using the Label Queue and its other options.