ShipStation Carrier Services is a way for ShipStation to provide free access to multiple partner carrier accounts while using a single postage balance. With ShipStation Carrier Services, you can maintain a single balance for any carrier in the program, while using all of their available services.
For example, you may wish to use USPS services for domestic shipments, but DHL Express for international shipments. Instead of maintaining separate accounts for each, and receiving separate invoices every month, you can use both services and create labels using the balance from a single account.
Currently, ShipStation Carrier Services is partnered with DHL Express and USPS via Stamps.com, but stay tuned as we work to add more carriers to this program!
- Allows you to use a single postage balance for multiple carriers
- Provides convenient access to all label purchase transactions on the Postage Purchase Report
- Saves up to 60% on DHL Express postage
Add DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services
Before you can add DHL Express using this method, you must have a Stamps.com account connected to ShipStation.
If you do not yet have a DHL Express account and would like to begin using their services, do the following...
- Go to Settings > Shipping > Carriers & Fulfillment
- Click Add a Provider Account
- Click the DHL Express International option
- Choose Click here to get started.
- Fill in the necessary fields
- Click Connect
ShipStation will process your submission and add DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services!
Please be aware, the approval process can take up to 2 weeks when adding DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services. Once approved, DHL Express and Stamps.com will appear under the heading ShipStation Carrier Services in your Carriers & Fulfillment settings.
Here is how ShipStation Carrier Services appears in your Carriers & Fulfillment account settings:
NOTE: If you have an existing DHL Express account, you cannot add DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services at this time. However, you can connect existing DHL Express accounts to ShipStation using the usual connection process.
Use ShipStation Carrier Services
Once you have added DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services, DHL Express Worldwide Express will be available in your Services drop-down menu. You can start printing labels immediately.
Notes about using DHL Express with ShipStation Carrier Services
- We recommend setting up auto-funding so you never have to worry about your account balance.
- Dimensional weight may apply to some shipments. Be sure to include shipment dimensions when getting a rate or creating a label to avoid unexpected charges.
- Additional surcharges could apply to the shipments. These will be displayed in the Cost Summary screen before you create the label (unless you use Quickship, in which case the Cost Summary screen is skipped). See images below:
Individual Label Cost Summary Screen:
Label Batch Cost Summary Screen:
Request a pickup from DHL Express directly or contact our Carrier Services support team to arrange regular pickups.
- For one-time pickups: Contact DHL Express directly by phone at 1-800-CALL-DHL.
- Choose the option to Speak to a representative and provide one of your DHL Express tracking numbers when prompted for an account number.
- NOTE: If the DHL Express representative requests a DHL Express account number, inform them you do not have one and provide the tracking number instead.
- For reoccurring pickups:Please contact our support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll work with DHL Express to schedule recurring pickups for your location.
Order DHL Express Shipping Materials
To order your free DHL Express shipping materials, contact our support team by email at email@example.com.
In the email, include:
- The product(s) you wish to order
- The quantity
- The address to ship the materials to