ShipStation Carrier Services is a way for ShipStation to provide free access to multiple partner carrier accounts while using a single postage balance. With ShipStation Carrier Services, you can maintain a single balance for any carrier in the program, while using all of their available services.
For example, you may wish to use USPS services for domestic shipments, but DHL Express for international shipments. Instead of maintaining separate accounts for each, and receiving separate invoices every month, you can use both services and create labels using the balance from a single account.
Currently, ShipStation Carrier Services is partnered with DHL Express and USPS via Stamps.com, but stay tuned as we work to add more carriers to this program!
- Allows you to use a single postage balance for multiple carriers
- Provides access to our partners' negotiated rates
- Provides convenient access to all label purchase transactions on the Postage Purchase Report
- Save up to 66% on DHL Express postage
Add DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services
Before you can add DHL Express using this method, you must have a Stamps.com account connected to ShipStation.
If you do not yet have a DHL Express account and would like to begin using their services, do the following...
- Go to Settings > Shipping > Carriers & Fulfillment
- Click Add a Provider Account
- Click the DHL Express International tile
- Choose Click here to get started.
- Fill in the necessary fields
- Click Connect
ShipStation will process your submission and add DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services!
Please be aware, the approval process can take up to 2 weeks when adding DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services. Once approved, DHL Express and Stamps.com will appear under the heading ShipStation Carrier Services in your Carriers & Fulfillment settings (see image below).
NOTE: If you have an existing DHL Express account, you cannot add this account to ShipStation Carrier Services at this time.
Use ShipStation Carrier Services
Here is how ShipStation Carrier Services appears in your Carriers & Fulfillment account settings:
Once you are configured with ShipStation Carrier Services, you can start printing labels for the included carriers. You can also set up Auto-funding so you never have to worry about your account balance.
Please note: Your Cost Summary and Batch Summary screens will change slightly:
Request a pickup through the Shipments tab. See our article How do I request a USPS pickup? for a step-by-step guide of the process.
DHL Express from ShipStation Shipments:
Request a pickup from DHL Express directly or contact our Carrier Services support team to arrange regular pickups.
- For one-time pickups, contact DHL Express directly by phone at 1-800-CALL-DHL. Choose the option to Speak to a representative and provide one of your DHL Express tracking numbers when prompted for an account number. DHL Express will be able to arrange the one-time pickup with you.
- NOTE: If the DHL Express representative requests a DHL Express account number, inform them you do not have one and provide the tracking number instead.
- For reoccurring pickups, please contact our support team by email at email@example.com and we'll work with DHL Express to schedule recurring pickups for your location.
Order DHL Express Shipping Materials
To order your free DHL Express shipping materials, contact our support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the email, include:
- The product(s) you wish to order
- The quantity
- The address to ship the materials to