WELCOME TO SHIPSTATION!
ShipStation and Stamps.com Online have a lot in common. In fact, Stamps.com shares a large amount of its interface with ShipStation! Transitioning to ShipStation will be easy coming from Stamps.com Online. When you upgrade to a ShipStation account, we'll import your Stamps.com usernames and passwords to ShipStation, along with all of your existing orders, shipped orders (these will appear in a dedicated Fulfillments tab in ShipStation), connected stores, and, yes, your Stamps.com account! Ultimately, most of what you'll need to get used to in ShipStation will be all the new features!
When you sign up for ShipStation, the setup process will take place in your choice of one of two places...
- The Welcome tab in the top lefthand corner of the screen (available during your trial period), or
- The Settings page, which you can access by clicking the gear icon in the top right of your ShipStation window (this is similar to the settings icon in the orders page of Stamps.com Online).
Add a Selling Channel: As stated above, we'll bring over all of your existing orders and selling channels, but when you need to add more, we've got you covered. ShipStation offers integrations to dozens of selling channels, and we're always adding more marketplaces and shopping carts! If you need to connect to a new selling channel, go to the Settings > Selling Channels page. For a video walkthrough on how to add a new selling channel, click here.
Connect a Carrier or Fulfillment Provider: An added bonus of ShipStation is that you can have a larger variety of shipping carriers. If you want to connect another carrier account, follow the instructions in this article. For the full list of available carriers, head here!
We'll also bring over your Ship From Locations from Stamps.com. But, should you need to add more, click on Ship From Locations in Settings > Shipping.
Choose a print format: ShipStation not only prints labels, it also prints packing slips (and other documents). Labels and packing slips can be printed together or individually. To configure whether you want to use an 8.5"x11" or 4" x 6" format, follow the steps in this video!
These are the only steps needed to get you started printing labels. But keep reading to become familiar with some new workflows you can use with ShipStation!
Ship Your Orders: The Orders screen will look very similar to the one in Stamps.com Online. Awaiting Shipment is still the status of orders you need to ship. You can either create shipping labels for them or submit fulfillment requests to FBA or Shipwire. All of the statuses you know from Stamps.com will be in ShipStation, and you can now also import Awaiting Payment orders.
Track Your Shipments: Similar to the History drop-down menu in Stamps.com, ShipStation has a section for historical shipment data... We call it the Shipments page.
On the Shipments page, you'll be able to:
- Track the status of your shipment and fulfillment requests
- Check to see if ShipStation was able to notify the selling channel and the customer of the shipment information.
- Reprint an extra copy of a label for free (for example, if you need it for your reference or if it didn't print correctly).
- Request a USPS pickup
- Create your carriers' End Of Day Manifest
Stamps.com and ShipStation both have presets to help you apply bulk updates to your orders. ShipStation takes this a step further with Automation Rules. Whether you want to apply specific actions to certain orders or all orders, you can set up specific criteria that will identify orders and apply an action as orders import into Awaiting Shipment.
Check out the video below to get a better understanding of how these will work!
Pro tip: Set up automation rules to make all orders under 16oz use First Class Mail, and orders weighing over 16oz use Priority Mail!
ShipStation offers many tools to help optimize your workflow.
ShipStation Mobile: This smartphone version of our web app allows you to access a streamlined version of ShipStation from your Android or iOS device. With it, you can print labels, refresh stores, and create End of Day manifests.
Branding: Good branding is a great way to elevate your online presence with your customers, and we've got customizable documents and templates to keep you and your customers covered at each step in the shipping process.
- First in the customer communication process is the Shipping Confirmation e-mail templates (these will also apply to delivery confirmation emails).
- Within the shipping confirmation email, you can opt out of the carrier's tracking page and instead use a customizable ShipStation Branded Tracking Page. It includes a tracking map, and also allows you to customize the look and feel of the page with your brand logo and colors!
- ShipStation also has customizable packing slips that you can include with outbound shipments. This is a great way to reinforce your company branding and are a great companion to your labels, which can also allow for branding (depending on the carrier).
- Lastly, if your customer needs to return item(s) to you, we have a customizable returns page that you can link to from your website and lets the customer initiate a return to you!
Inventory: On the Products tab, ShipStation offers an inventory management option at no additional cost! It is a fantastic way to keep track of your items' stock levels within ShipStation, and it will also deduct in real time once your orders are shipped.
When you need help, we've got you covered!
- In-App Help
The Support Resources icon (the 'encircled question mark' icon in the top right) provides access to page specific knowledge base articles, as well as a link to our Help Center. Our chat option is available directly on the Help Center from 8 am to 8 pm CST for Silver-level plans and above.
- Our Support Center
Get to our Support Center using the in-app menu or via help.shipstation.com. All of our knowledge base articles (KBs) are easily browsable and searchable here -- try searching our KB for keywords like USPS or pick list. It also has links to our blog, community forums, videos, webinars, and product feedback forums.
- Reaching Out
Your Account Manager is a great resource to help you set up, and their email address and phone number were forwarded to you when you signed up for a ShipStation account. But, if something's not working right, get an example ready (screenshots never hurt) and contact our Support Team via support case or Chat.