Should one of your DHL Express packages get lost or damaged, DHL Express includes standard liability to reimburse the shipper.
Claims must be filed by the shipper and within 30 days of the date DHL accepted the shipment. Claims are subject to DHL Express's terms and conditions.
Methods to file a claim
Claims can be filed either through DHL's online forms, or by downloading a PDF and submitting it via email, fax, or mail (necessary information for each is included in the PDF).
- Online filing: Damaged Shipment
- Online filing: Missing content or lost shipment
- Downloadable PDF (covers damage, loss, or missing content)
ShipStation users creating DHL Express labels using ShipStation Carrier Services will not have an account number. In the DHL Account Number field, either enter “I do not have one” or leave the input field blank.
- Complete and submit the claims form to DHL (electronic filing is preferred)
- Include all supporting documentation (this is specified in the claim form and differs depending on claim type)
- Include photographs of both the item and the packaging if claim is for damage
- Review the forms to ensure accuracy of information (incomplete or inaccurate forms can delay a claim or result in denial)
A written notification of the resolution will be mailed to the claimant's address specified on the claim form.
A few things to note about DHL Express's claim process
- For damage claims, DHL reserves the right to inspect any shipment of any value. For this reason, the recipient must retain the original shipment, packaging, and included documentation.
- DHL is not liable for circumstances beyond their control or for anything that arises out of the shipper’s failure to comply with DHL’s warranties. For specific information about the shipper's responsibility and DHL's liability, please review DHL's Terms and Conditions.
- For ShipStation users with a DHL Express account under ShipStation Carrier Services, you will not have an account number. Either enter “I do not have one” or leave the account number input field blank.
- If you purchase additional insurance for your shipment through Shipsurance, follow the instructions for filing a Shipsurance claim in this article.