If you do not have an active DHL Express account, but would like to create DHL Express shipments, U.S. account holders with a Stamps.com account connected to ShipStation can do so directly within ShipStation using ShipStation Carrier Services.
DHL Express shipments created through ShipStation Carrier Services can save you up to 60% on DHL Express postage, and uses your Stamps.com account balance for labels!
Add DHL Express service to ShipStation
1. Go to Settings (wrench icon).
2. Select Shipping and then Carriers & Fulfillment from the sidebar on the left.
3. Click Add a Provider Account.
4. Click the DHL Express International tile.
5. Choose Click here to get started and fill in the necessary fields and click Connect.
The following gif illustrates this process.
6. ShipStation will process your submission and add DHL Express as a carrier under ShipStation Carrier Services.
Note: The approval process can take up to 2 weeks when adding DHL Express to ShipStation Carrier Services. Once approved, DHL Express and Stamps.com will appear under the heading ShipStation Carrier Services in your Carriers & Fulfillment settings.
Learn how to set up auto-funding for DHL Express using ShipStation Carrier Services.
- DHL Express from ShipStation Carrier Services will allow you to create prepaid DHL Express shipping labels using the DHL Express Worldwide or DHL Express Envelope shipping services. It does not create an individual DHL Express account, so other DHL Express options and services are not available.
- US ShipStation account holders who do not have a Stamps.com account connected to ShipStation can apply to use DHL Express through ShipStation's DHL Express Sign-up Page.
- Non-US ShipStation account holders who would like to apply for a new DHL Express account should reach out directly to DHL in their country.
- On September 1st, 2018, DHL Express updated the maximum actual weight for individual shipments to 150 pounds (70 kilograms), and the maximum length to 118 inches (300 centimeters). Packages over those maximum values will not be accepted by DHL Express. The total maximum weight for a multi-piece shipment will remain unchanged, at 2,200 pounds (1,000 kilograms).
- We recommend setting up auto-funding so you never have to worry about your account balance.
- Dimensional weight may apply to some shipments. Be sure to include shipment dimensions when getting a rate or creating a label to avoid unexpected charges.
- Additional surcharges could apply to the shipments. These will be displayed in the Cost Summary screen before you create the label (unless you use Quickship, in which case the Cost Summary screen is skipped).
- To place an order for the DHL Express packaging offered for free by DHL Express, please contact email@example.com.