Hey there! Getting started with ShipStation is easy! We'll get you from zero to ship in no time.
Click the link to jump to a specific section:
- Quick Setup
- Shipping Orders
- Selling Channels
- Shipping Carriers in Canada
- Getting Help
- Additional information for Canadian account users
To get started you must add a selling channel, connect a carrier account, choose your label print format, and enter your Ship From Location. When you sign in for the first time, the ShipStation Welcome screen will guide you through the first three steps.
The following resources provide detailed instructions for each process:
- Add a selling channel to import your orders.
- Connect your carrier accounts to ship your parcels (referred to as packages in ShipStation).
- Choose a print format: Either 4"x6" thermal labels or 8.5"x11" sheets.
- Enter Your Ship From Location: Connected carriers need your origin address to return accurate rate quotes and your return address to display on the shipping label. An origin address and return address are saved in a pair called a Ship From Location.
That's all you need to make a label, but there are plenty more features to try out. For recommendations, check out this support article.
The instructions in the following articles represent steps in the day-to-day workflow for most users:
- Import Your Orders: This can be done manually at any time, or you can set your store to update automatically.
- Create labels for your orders: Go to the Orders tab and view the Awaiting Shipment orders.
- Track Your Shipments
- Check your shipment notifications
- Reprint an extra copy of a label for free in case you need it for your reference or it didn't print correctly
- Setup Branded Tracking to enhance your company's brand through the entire shipping and tracking process!
If you use a selling channel we don’t yet integrate with, we provide additional options for importing your orders into ShipStation. Please see the following resources:
- Import orders using a CSV file (import your orders from a spreadsheet)
- Building a Custom Store Connection (for users with their own store developer)
- Accessing ShipStation's API (for using a selling channels API)
Available Canada Shipping Carriers
ShipStation currently integrates with the following major carriers in Canada.
- How do I add my Canada Post Commercial Account as a carrier in ShipStation?
- How do I add my Canada Post Solution for Small Business account (formerly Venture One)?
- How can I print a Canada Post shipping manifest for my commercial account?
- How do I create a new Canada Post business profile?
- How do I add my Purolator account to ShipStation?
- Do Purolator Special Services work with ShipStation?
- Where can I find my contact information for UPS registration?
- See what domestic services are offered by UPS Canada
- See what international services are offered by UPS Canada
- See what domestic services are offered by FedEx Canada
- See what international services are offered by FedEx Canada
When you need help, we've got you covered!
- In-App Help
The Support Resources icon (the 'encircled question mark' icon in the top right) provides access to page-relevant support articles, and our Help Center, with the chat option available from 8 am CST to 8 pm CST for Silver-level plans and above.
- Our Support Center
Get to our Support Center using the in-app menu or via help.shipstation.com. All of our knowledge base articles (KBs) are easily browsable and searchable here -- try searching our KB for keywords like Canada Post or pick list. It also has links to our blog, customer forums, videos, webinars, and product feedback forums.
- Reaching Out
Your Account Manager is a great resource to help you set up, and their email address and phone number were forwarded to you when you signed up for a ShipStation account. But if something's not working right, get an example ready (screenshots really help) and contact our Support Team via support case or Chat.
The availability of certain features within ShipStation can vary depending on your carrier. See the following limitations for examples:
- Return Labels: Supported for domestic shipments only across any carrier. Canada Post only supports return labels for CP Commercial Accounts.
- Tracking: Automatic tracking updates are not available for DHL Express shipments.
- Multiple Carrier Accounts: Currently, you can add only one Purolator account in ShipStation.
- Label Messages: Currently not available for UPS Canada on domestic labels.