There are a few reasons why you may be seeing a different rate in ShipStation than UPS.com or FedEx.com.
The negotiated rates option must be checked in the UPS setup window in Settings > Shipping > Carriers & Fulfillment. If you have not yet configured ShipStation to pull your negotiated rates from UPS, ShipStation will display the standard rates. Keep in mind that in this case, regardless of the rate displayed by ShipStation, UPS will invoice you the rate you have agreed upon.
There is no option in ShipStation to enable negotiated rates. However, if your FedEx rep has enabled discounted rates on your FedEx account, you will then need to create a label in ShipStation first, before the new rates will populate.
Shipment Details do not match
- You may have different Ship To or Ship From addresses on the carrier site than what is entered into ShipStation. Please ensure that your Ship From Locations in ShipStation have complete origin information
- You must manually select the Residential Address option on both FedEx.com and UPS.com to see the proper residential delivery rate. Additionally, for FedEx in ShipStation you must select FedEx Home Delivery to view the residential delivery rate.*
- Shipment details such as package weight, dimensions and package type are marked differently on the carrier's site than in ShipStation. FedEx and UPS use Dimensional Weight, so be sure you include the correct dimensions in both ShipStation and the carrier websites.
- Order Confirmation is set to Delivery in ShipStation, which is an additional $2 fee, instead of the free Online Confirmation.
*Note: the residential/commercial marker in ShipStation is determined by the Stamps.com address database, and may not reflect the same determination made by UPS or FedEx.
UPS.com residential option:
FedEx.com residential option
UPS Page weight, dimensions, type, and delivery confirmation options (do these match what is entered in ShipStation for the order?):
Different Pickup Type (UPS)
For UPS, the pickup type is different in ShipStation than for your UPS account (you can find more information about the restrictions for each rate at the bottom of this page).
- Daily Pickup must be enabled for UPS Negotiated Rates. Also, if you signed up for UPS through eBay's savings program, you get Daily Pickup rates.
- Occasional Pickup gives you Retail Rates (you can find more information here).
- Customer Counter will give you Retail Rates for your packages.
If you have checked the above settings and still believe you are being quoted at an incorrect rate in ShipStation, please open a support case and include a screenshot of the full rate calculation on UPS.com or FedEx.com, as well as the correlating order number in ShipStation in order for our team to investigate the issue.
Please note that both UPS & FedEx reserve the right to add additional fees to the shipment after the package has been delivered.