It's easy to enable FedEx Smart Post services within ShipStation. Just make sure that you have your FedEx account setup within ShipStation, and that you know your FedEx hub city! If you do not know your hub, you can get it from your FedEx account representative.
Head to your Account Settings (the gear icon in the upper right).
Next, select Shipping and then Carriers & Fulfillment from the sidebar on the left.
Then, click on the Edit link associated with your FedEx integration. Once you do that, you'll see a dialog box with a section like the one below:
Check the box that corresponds to "Enable SmartPost" and then select your Hub and SmartPost Endorsement from the dropdown menus.
Remember to Confirm your changes, and you're all set! Now you'll have your SmartPost rates show up when getting quotes for FedEx.
Here are a few things to keep in mind with FedEx SmartPost:
- FedEx will only allow you to print a label where the "From" address is the one you used when you setup your SmartPost account.
- SmartPost supports ShipStation's Get Rate feature, but not ShipStation's Calculator feature due to FedEx API limitations.
- FedEx SmartPost supports 1 label message for Label Message 1 that will appear as a barcode on the label.
- FedEx SmartPost now supports return labels!
- Any package over 13 oz. must use SmartPost Parcel Select. Anything under 13 oz. must use SmartPost Presorted Standard.
- The SmartPost SCAN form is submitted electronically, so you will not get an actual physical form.
- Additionally, the SCAN form only includes labels that have the same ship date as the form's creation date. (Meaning, if you create the form on 1/13, only shipments with 1/13 as their ship date will be included.)