There are certain restrictions and guidelines for the shipping service FedEx SmartPost that we must adhere to in order for you to ship with this service in ShipStation.
If you are seeing the error message: "FedEx: Package - Minimum dimensions of x x must be entered for SmartPost.." when trying to get rates and ship through SmartPost Parcel Select, this means that the dimensions for the order do not meet the guidelines laid out by FedEx for this shipping service.
For SmartPost Parcel Select you must meet the criteria:
- Dimensions: No more than 130" in combined length and girth (L+2W+2H).
- No one dimension can be greater than 60".
- Minimum Dimensions are 6" Length X 4" Width X 1" Height.
Additionally, for SmartPost Standard Mail, Bound Printed Matter, and Media the following dimensions restriction applies:
- Dimensions: No more than 84" in combined length and girth (L+2W+2H).
- No one dimension greater than 60".
- Minimum dimensions are 6" Length X 4" Width X 1" Height.
More information about SmartPost and these guidelines can be found here: http://www.fedex.com/us/developer/product/WebServices/MyWebHelp/Services/Ground/c_SmartPostServiceDetails-2.html