Cloud Cart Connector (CCC) can sync orders from Quickbooks Online into ShipStation and is available to any ShipStation user that is using the new ShipStation interface. Please note that Cloud Cart Connector advises that you pull ShipStation orders into QuickBooks instead.
If you must sync orders from Quickbooks Online into ShipStation, you'll need to set up a scheduled task within CCC, create new invoices or sales receipts in QuickBooks, and ensure that these transactions are formatted properly.
Please check out Cloud Cart Connector's video tutorial or support article on this type of integration or follow the instructions outlined below.
1. Once you've created a Cloud Cart Connector account, log into your Cloud Cart Connector and click Sign in with Intuit.
2. Click on the My Connections tab in the top menu
3. Choose ShipStation as the connection to configure
4. Log into ShipStation as admin and click on the settings icon in the upper righthand corner of the screen.
5. Select the API Settings tab on the side menu, then click Generate API Keys (if they do not already display).
6. Copy and paste the API Key and API Secret into Cloud Cart Connector.
7. Click Submit within Cloud Cart Connector which will then take you to the Cloud Cart Connector Settings.
You can stick with the pre-filled, default settings if desired or edit them. If you're unsure how to fill out these settings, please see the Cloud Cart Connector articles below that explain in a bit more detail.
8. Scroll to the bottom and click Save and Sync.
9. When you see the complete screen, hover over the gear icon at the top and click Auto Sync.
10. Click Edit next to your scheduled task for ShipStation.
11. Choose Sync QB orders to order management solution from Name drop-down menu.
12. Check the box under Would you like to enable this task? to sync orders to ShipStation automatically, then click Submit
13. Within QuickBooks, you must create a new order to be sure that your customer has contact information. Orders without addresses will fail to export into ShipStation.
In QuickBooks, edit the customer record (the example below uses Quickbooks Online).
Here is an example of the QuickBooks transaction:
Cloud Cart Connector assumes that any line with UPS, FedEx or shipping is a Shipping Amount. This data is mapped into the ShipStation Shipping Paid field.
The billing and shipping addresses in QuickBooks must conform to the following format:
First Name Last Name
Company Name (optional)
Address 1 + Address 2 (the first and second lines of the address must be on a single line)
City, State Zip (there must be a comma after the city
Country (optional field, the system assumes the United States)
Here is an example:
123 Main St
Watertown, MA 02472
For other how-to articles on using Cloud Cart Connector, check out their knowledge base or reach out to the Cloud Cart Connector team via this Contact Form for help.
Here are some articles on how to set Tax & Customer Mapping settings on Cloud Cart Connector.