In ShipStation you can create multiple usernames so more individuals in your organization have their own unique access to ShipStation. You can assign individual usernames, passwords, emails, and permissions that are specific to the role of that individual.
You can also edit a user to change the Name or Email address associated with a login, and to change a user's permissions at any time.
Adding a New User
Head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Next, select Account and then User Management from the sidebar on the left.
Click on the Add a User Account button.
Note: Depending on your plan level and how many users are already setup, you may need to make a user inactive before creating a new one so that you don't go over your limit. To do this, simply edit an existing user and uncheck the box next to Active and click Save.
Fill in the appropriate information for this user, such as their username*, password, e-mail address, and name.
*Usernames must be unique across all of ShipStation. If a username is in use by another account, ShipStation will prompt you to use a different username.
Now, you also have the ability to setup the specific role and restrictions for the user. You can do this when creating the user, or by Editing their user later.
Click on the Permissions tab.
Decide which level of permissions you want this user to have. You can choose more than one option, or you can choose the Administration option, which effectively selects all of them, giving that user full access to the account.
To add any restrictions to this user, click on the Restrictions tab.
These options allow you to restrict what orders and/or shipments that user can see, and if they can only use certain workstations to login.
Once you're done setting up the user how you like, simply click Save.
Editing a User
To edit a user you have already created, go to Settings > Account > User Management. Then click Edit next to the user you would like to edit.
There are a few things you'll need to keep in mind about creating or editing users:
1) If you have reached your maximum number of users on your plan, just go to Settings > Account > Subscription and click Change Your Subscription to increase your user limit. Then enter the total number of additional users you'd like to add to your account.
Each additional user above your plan limit is $5/month.
2) You cannot edit a username once a user is created. Only the Name, Email address, Password and permissions/restrictions can be changed.
To create a user with a new username, you will need to add a new user, then set the old user to inactive.
For Starter and Bronze plans, which are limited to one user, you can do one of two things:
1) Add a user to your plan following the instructions above, create the new user then set the old one to inactive, then edit your subscription to once again set it to 0 additional users.
2) Contact technical support for assistance in creating a new user and deactivating the old one without changing your subscription settings.
3) Usernames must be unique across all of ShipStation, not just your account. If you attempt to use a username that is already in use, ShipStation will prompt you to try a different one.
4) To avoid any system errors, make sure your username contains only ASCII characters.