In ShipStation, you have the ability to hook a USB scale to your workstation to weigh your orders for shipping within the app.
ShipStation supports most HID-compliant USB scales that directly connect to your workstation. (Unfortunately, we cannot support SERIAL/COM scales, or USB scales connected via hubs or extenders.)
To get started, you will need to download and install ShipStation Connect (available for Windows and Mac). ShipStation Connect is our free-to-use program that connects our web-application with your devices.
Enable a USB Scale to Work with ShipStation
1. Go to the Orders tab or ...
... the Shipments tab.
2. Select an order's Order# to bring up the Order Details pop-up screen.
3. Locate and click the Scale icon at the right of the Weight row of the Shipping Info field in the Order Details popup.
4. Select an input device as ShipStation prompts you to do. (Optional: Check the box labeled Remember as my preferred scale so ShipStation remembers your choice!)
5. Select one of your scales as an input method. ShipStation will immediately weigh the order and input the weight from the scale into the weight field for the order in ShipStation.
TIP: Change a previously-set preferred scale within ShipStation to a different one by clicking the drop-down menu on the right side of the Scale button.
You should be all set! Check out our article Why is my scale reading weights incorrectly? for some advanced configuration options if your scale is having trouble connecting or reading weights.