You received an error that reads, "Please update your username and password for Volusion in ShipStation" while attempting to update and import your Volusion store orders.
This article explains the error cause and describes how to ...
- Check the Activity in your ShipStation store settings for error details.
- Configure a permanent user to prevent future errors.
Error cause: For security reasons, Volusion requires all admins to update their password every 90 days. This update affects your store connection to ShipStation because the Volusion API URL encrypts your Volusion admin username and password.
Clearing the error: When you change your Volusion admin password, you must also generate a new Volusion API URL, then reconfigure your Volusion store in ShipStation.
Check the Activity in ShipStation for details
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click Edit by your Volusion store.
4. Go into the Activity tab to review the errors.
Configure a permanent user to prevent future errors
In order to avoid updating your API URL every 90 days, follow the steps below:
1. Create a dedicated user in Volusion for ShipStation. This should generate a new API URL in Volusion. (Read Volusion's tutorial How to Add Users in MyVolusion for a refresher.)
2. Copy the newly generated Volusion API URL.
3. In ShipStation, navigate to Selling Channels > Store Setup and click Connection by your Volusion store to open a pop-up.
4. Paste your Volusion API URL in ShipStation and click Connect.
Because you will never directly log in to the ShipStation user in Volusion, you won't be prompted to update the password again!