When products are active, ShipStation applies the default weights, dimensions, and other settings to incoming orders when they match order items.
An inactive product is a product record in ShipStation that still exists in the ShipStation database but does not appear in the Products grid and does not apply any of its defaults to incoming orders. This is useful for products you may have discontinued or products you have created new records for due to a new SKU or other change.
IMPORTANT: Products cannot be deleted, only made inactive.
To make a product inactive, follow the steps below:
Make a Product Inactive
1. Go to the Products tab.
2. Select the product(s) from the list by check-marking the box.
3. Click the Deactivate button in the action menu.
4. Click Confirm in the Deactivate Products pop-up window.
5. Alternative Method: Click a product to open the Product Details popup and uncheck the Active box in the top right-hand corner of the Product Details window.
6. Alternative Method: Click Save Changes.
- Inactive products do not appear in the Products grid by default.
- To find inactive products, check the Show Inactive Products checkbox in the top-right corner of the products page, directly above the grid.