Tired of setting up the same shipping defaults for the same kinds of products? Use a product preset group to broadly apply shipping default and customs declarations settings.
For example, you may sell dozens of phone cases that share the same weight, dimensions, and preferred shipping settings. Create a preset group to allow the same settings to be shared by all phone case products once the preset group is applied to the respective products.
Manage Your Preset Groups
1. Go to the Products tab in the toolbar.
2. Click on Preset Groups in the left-hand sidebar menu.
3. Click Add Preset Group and a pop-up page will appear to specify a name for the preset group, as well as weight, dimensions, shipping preferences (including service, package, and confirmation type), and customs declarations. Modify, edit, or delete an existing preset group by scrolling over to the right.
4. Go back to Products in the left-hand sidebar menu and select one or more product records when you're ready to apply a product type.
5. Click Apply Preset Group to select a preset group to apply to any checked product records.
Alternatively, you're able to open the Standalone Product Details window for a specific product record. Go to the Shipping tab, and modify the preset group there. Notice that the Standalone Product Details window indicates any values inherited from the applied preset group.
IMPORTANT: Preset groups are the first of the order importing rules, so they can be overridden by product defaults, service mappings, or automation rules.