To bulk upload products into ShipStation, use the CSV import process.
1. Go to the Products tab in the Toolbar.
2. Click the Import button in the action bar.
NOTE: Product imports in ShipStation require a pre-formatted CSV using specific column headers.
3. Download the template by clicking Download a sample CSV file (or click here to download) within the Product Import window.
4. Open the CSV with an application like Excel, OpenOffice, Google Sheets, or LibreOffice once you have downloaded the sample file.
5. Insert the information about your products into the sample file.
IMPORTANT: Do not remove any columns from the spreadsheet as this will cause errors. If you do not need this data, leave it blank.
6. Save your file once it is ready.
7. Click Select File (within the Product Import window) to upload your file.
8. Select whether you identify products by SKU or Name. These product settings should match your store settings. Refer to the article on missing products for more information.
9. Choose whether you want ShipStation to update existing products with the information in the spreadsheet or only import new products. Updating existing products is helpful for bulk updating your product defaults and profiles.
10. Click the green Start Import button when you're ready!
The upload may take a few minutes depending on how many products there are. You can close this window and ShipStation will work on this upload in the background.
You’ll see a success message once your product import is finished!
- Aliases can't be added, removed, or modified with a Product Import CSV. While Aliases may be exported with a Product Export CSV, any changes to those aliases won't affect any records when imported into ShipStation.
- Tags can be added with a Product Import CSV, but they cannot be removed. Tags will be exported with a Product Export CSV, and tags added to the file will be added to products when imported into ShipStation. However, tags that are removed from the file will still be present on products after import into ShipStation. Tags can be removed from products through the Products tab.