ShipStation Connect is the bridge between our web-based application and your printers or scales. ShipStation Connect is compatible with Mac OS X 10.9 and higher. If you are using an earlier version you can print via PDF or through your browser until you upgrade to a supported version of OS X.
The Connect application is free! Simply follow the instructions below to get started (instructions for Windows users can be found here).
Install ShipStation Connect
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Printing and then ShipStation Connect from the left-hand sidebar.
Since you're installing ShipStation Connect for the first time, you shouldn't see a list of available devices just yet.
3. Click the Install ShipStation Connect for Mac button to begin downloading the installation file. This can take a few minutes depending on your Internet speed.
4. Open the file you just downloaded, and you should see a window like the one below:
5. Drag the ShipStation Connect Icon into the Applications folder to install it.
6. Eject the ShipStation Connect install disk image once the installation completes, and move the downloaded installer to the trash.
NOTE: ShipStation Connect needs to be installed only on the computer that has your printer or scale connected to it! Computers with no devices connected to them do not need to have the Connect app installed.
Open ShipStation Connect
1. Double-click the Applications folder.
2. Double-click the ShipStation Connect icon there.
3. Click Yes if prompted to launch ShipStation Connect automatically when logging into your computer.
4. Enter a Username and Password as prompted to do.
5. Enter the ShipStation username and password you use to login to the ShipStation app.
6. Click the Register This Computer button when you've entered your username and password.
NOTE: Connected devices can only be managed in the ShipStation web app if you are logged into both ShipStation and ShipStation Connect with the same user credentials.
7. Click the Go to ShipStation button to return to the ShipStation Connect section of your Account Settings once your workstation is registered.
8. Close the ShipStation Connect window, and it will continue running in the background.
Now, if you are logged into both the ShipStation app and Connect with the same username, you should see a list of available printers and input devices installed on the workstation.
9. Share these devices with other users on your ShipStation account. Sharing allows them to print documents no matter which computer they are logged into. Also, disable unwanted devices so that you don't have to see them elsewhere in ShipStation.
- Going forward, ShipStation Connect will always be running in the background of your system, even if you restart your computer.
- Any enabled printer will show up as an available option whenever you print. Adjust your default "Print to" settings to change this. Enabled scales will be available wherever you see a scale button in the ShipStation application!
- Check out the instructions in our article ShipStation Connect isn't working. What do I do? if you ever want to check that ShipStation Connect is running on your computer!