Importing a Warehouse Location from your Magento store requires action in both platforms:
- Create a custom attribute in Magento, and set Magento to export this custom attribute
- Reconfigure your Magento store connection in ShipStation to accept this custom attribute
NOTE: Before starting, confirm that you are on the latest version of the ShipStation extension. Check Magento Connect > Release Notes for the latest versions.
1. Create a custom attribute for your Warehouse Location in Magento.
If you haven't created a custom attribute before, please read our article What do the ShipStation General Settings in the Magento 1.x Admin panel do?. Follow steps 1-4 under the heading Accessing the ShipStation settings in Magento. Keep this article open for what follows.
2. Set Magento to export this custom attribute to ShipStation. Look under the Available Settings heading in What do the ShipStation General Settings in the Magento 1.x Admin panel do? for more information about exporting custom attributes.
NOTE: Please note that there are two types of attributes in Magento: system and user-defined. Set your attribute to user-defined to ensure exports to ShipStation.
Reconfigure your Magento store connection in ShipStation
1. Go to Settings > Selling Channel > Store Setup and click Connection next to your Magento store.
2. Scroll down to enter your Warehouse Location Attribute in the Connection window.
3. Enter the Warehouse Location attribute as it appears in Magento into this field. For example, if "Pick Location" is how the attribute displays in your Magento admin, you should enter it as such:
4. Click Finish. Your Warehouse Location Attribute will now be included as an Item Option on your Magento orders when they import.
For instructions on how to connect your Magento Store, please read our article How do I connect my Magento 1.x store to ShipStation?.