In ShipStation, you have the ability to customize your packing slips (and e-mail templates). You can create as many templates as you like... for example, create a custom template for each of your selling channels, or special templates used for repeat customers with discount codes.
You can assign specific templates to specific stores in your store settings, or use automation rules to assign specific templates to individual orders under certain circumstances.
Please note that you need to be on a Silver plan or higher to customize your packing slips.
Customizing your Packing Slip Templates
Customizing packing slips will require some basic HTML knowledge. To see the full HTML markup and CSS styling for the default template, download the sample packing slip at the bottom of this article, open it in a browser window and view the source code.
Head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Next, select Templates and then Packing Slips from the sidebar on the left.
From the Type drop-down menu, select which size template you'd like to edit: 4"x6" or 8.5"x11. Be sure to choose the size that corresponds to the packing slip format you've selected in Settings > Printing > Printing Setup (it should be indicated by the word default appearing in parenthesis).
Next, you can choose to do one of three options:
- Click Edit to edit an existing packing slip template
- Click Copy to make a copy of an existing template and edit the copy
- Click the +New Packing Slip Template button to build a template from scratch
No matter which option you choose, a window will then display with an HTML editor where you can customize your packing slip.
On the right side of the window are Field Replacements, where you can choose to use fields (much like in a mail merge) that dynamically generate the right content for each packing slip (like Store Name and Logo, Order Numbers, Recipient Addresses, and Product Details).
For a full list of Field Replacements available for Packing Slips, download the attachment at the bottom of this article.
A few things to note about the packing slip template sections...
- There are four different sections of the packing slip that generate different content and it's important to keep the content for each section separate. For this reason, certain field replacements will not appear in the Field Replacement list when certain sections are selected. For example, Order Items specific field replacements (like [Sku] or [Image URL] ) will not be available to add to other sections.
- Clicking on each of the grey bars will display the HTML editor for that section of the template. The Order Header, Order Items Header, and Order Footer will only print once. The Order Items section acts as a template for each of the line items in the order, so this section will repeat for orders containing multiple items.
Once you're done customizing your packing slip, you can choose to print a sample slip to ensure everything looks just right. Be sure you save your changes before closing the template editor, though!
Now, you have a new customized packing slip you can apply to your orders and send to your customers! To assign a specific packing slip to all orders on a selling channel, check out this article.
Do you need some sample HTML to get started? Check out this support article for ideas!