This article teaches you how to add product images to packing slips and explains ...
NOTE: You must be on a Silver-level plan or above to customize your packing slip, and we recommend having a basic familiarity with HTML code before starting.
To add a product's image or picture to your packing slip, you'll need to use a bit of HTML code and the [Image Url] variable. In this example, we'll be adding it to the left of the item's title and description in a packing slip.
Product Images appear on your packing slip from one of two ways. They are...
- either transmitted from your selling channel -or-
- configured as a product level default.
If you have an image URL importing from your selling channel and have one configured in your product defaults, the one saved to your product defaults in ShipStation will override the selling channel value.
Steps to Editing an Image URL
Configure the item's image URL individually in ShipStation. Read How do I import products into ShipStation? to learn how to update in bulk via CSV (comma separated value) import. To configure an item's image URL on its product default ...
1. Go to the Products page.
2. Click on the SKU of the desired item to bring up its Product Defaults.
3. On the product default's General tab, copy/paste the product's URL into the Image URL field.
This will now allow your preferred image to appear on your packing slips. The steps below will show how to add this field to a packing slip!
Adding the Image URL Field Replacement
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Templates and then Packing Slips from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Once there, either copy or edit an existing template, and click on the Order Items Header gray bar to expand that section.
As you see in the above picture, you'll need to paste in some HTML code.
4. Add colspan="2" to the header code to make sure that the Description header will span over the picture and the item's details. It looks like this:
<th align="left" colspan="2">
Now, we need to add the code for the image itself.
5. Click on the Order Items bar, and add in the following code as you see in the picture below.
<td><img src="[Image Url]" height="100px" /></td>
Notice that there's a height attribute currently set to 100 pixels. This will resize whatever picture you have uploaded so that your packing slip doesn't become too disproportionate or take up too much paper. You can change this size depending upon your specific needs by changing the numeric value of the pixels.
- Problem: Still no packing slip images despite either having an Image URL passed to ShipStation or having one set up in your product defaults?
- Solution: Try deleting the 's' to switch the URL from secure ("https") to non-secure ("http") to make the image appear.