If you don't have an account with them yet, read more about Rakuten Super Logistics and their service as a fulfillment provider who picks, packs, and ships your orders.
ShipStation allows you to integrate with Rakuten Super Logistics and updates the shipping information back to your respective selling channels.
Before you can submit your orders to be fulfilled by Rakuten Super Logistics, you'll need to configure a few settings:
- Create Order Tags (to identify orders to be fulfilled by Rakuten Super Logistics).
- Create automation rules to auto-tag these orders.
- Generate API Keys.
- Send the API Keys to Rakuten to complete the connection.
Create Order Tags
- Go to the Orders page.
- Select an order (any order will do).
- Click the Tags action button.
- Click Manage Tags.
- Click Add a Tag.
- Create the following two tags using the exact same spelling as below (the color is up to you!):
These tags will be used to specify which orders need to be fulfilled, and allow Rakuten Super Logistics to update the orders as Shipped in ShipStation once they are fulfilled.
Once the tags are created:
- Go to the Orders page.
- Select one or more orders you'd like to tag.
- Click the Tag action menu.
- Choose the RSL-ASSIGNED tag.
The tag will then be added to your orders and Rakuten Super Logistics will know to fulfill them. Once the orders are fulfilled, Rakuten Super Logistics will update the orders as Shipped, remove the RSL-ASSIGNED tag, and automatically add the RSL-PULLED tag to the order.
Create an Automation Rule
You can also create Automation Rules to automatically apply the RSL-ASSIGNED tag to orders as they import.
To create a rule:
1. Go to Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Automation and then Automation Rules from the left-hand sidebar.
If you've never created an automation rule before, watch the short tutorial Creating Automation Rules.
When creating the rule, you'll have the ability to add criteria to specify exactly which orders should be tagged when they import.
For example, let's say you wanted to make a rule that would tag all of your Shopify Orders so they can be fulfilled by Rakuten Super Logistics.
Here is how it would be configured:
Step 1: Give the rule a name
Step 2: Click “Only apply these actions to orders that match specific criteria"
Step 3: Add Criteria
Step 4: Select Marketplace (or Store) :: Equals :: Shopify
Step 5: Add Action
Step 6: Add a Tag - RSL-ASSIGNED
Here is how the finished rule should look:
Once you've saved your automation rule, you’ll need to generate your API keys to give Rakuten.
Generate API Keys
1. Click Settings (the Wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Account and then API Settings from the sidebar on the left.
api settings" />
3. Click Generate API Keys.
Send your API Key and Secret to Rakuten
Email both the API Key and API Secret to either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You’ll receive a confirmation email from the Rakuten Super Logistics team once the integration is finished.
NOTE: You are required to submit your Shipping Service Mappings to Rakuten Super Logistics.
If you need help with this process, please email their customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Rakuten Super Logistics representative. You will also need to create test orders and have them verified by a Rakuten Super Logistics Specialist before you can start using the service in ShipStation.
If you would like to learn more about Rakuten Super Logistics, or set up an account, please email email@example.com for more information!