Summary: This article describes three ways to turn off or disable shipment notifications:
- Disable Notifications by Store
- Disable Notifications Per Order
- Disable Notifications to the Selling Channel for an Individual Order
ShipStation sends shipment notifications by default to both your selling channel and to the customer* when you create the shipping label for the order.
*Due to restrictions with Amazon and Walmart, ShipStation cannot send emails to customers for orders on these selling channels.
However, ShipStation allows you to disable these options if your workflow requires it. You can disable the customer email notifications at the store level for all orders. You can also disable customer email and selling channel notifications on an order-by-order basis.
Remember: Setting ShipStation to not notify your selling channel when orders ship may require you to log in to your selling channel's admin dashboard, to mark that order as shipped, and to enter the tracking number manually.
Steps to Disable Notifications by Store
To disable shipment notification emails to your customers at the store level...
1. Go to Account Settings (the wrench icon in the top right of ShipStation).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click Edit under the Actions for the desired store on the Stores & Marketplaces page.
4. Click the Notifications tab. Set the Shipment Confirmation Email drop-down menu to (don't send email).
5. Save your changes.
Steps to Disable Notifications Per Order
To disable the email notification for an individual order...
1. Go to the Orders tab and click the order number for the selected order. This will open the Order Details window for that order.
2. Scroll down and you will see the Order Template panel on the lower right. Set the Shipment Notification template to (don't send email).
Steps to Disable Notifications to the Selling Channel for an Individual Order
To disable the notification to the selling channel for an individual order ...
1. Click on the Orders tab. Click on its order number to open the Order Details window.
2. Scroll down to the Other Shipping Options area. Check the box next to Do not notify marketplace when shipped.
These changes are saved automatically. No additional saving is necessary!