If you are using the ShipStation Scan To View barcode on your packing slips, you can use your barcode scanner to scan that barcode and the order details window for that order will appear.
If you are using other types of barcodes, you'll first need to open the Barcode Scan Search window.
There are two ways to bring up the Barcode Scan Search window pop-up:
- Use the ShortKey command Ctrl + Shift + S (or Cmd + Shift + S on a Mac) when you are on the Orders screen.
- Go to the Other Action drop-down, and click Barcode Search.
In the Barcode Search pop-up, select the order status in which you want to search and choose what you want ShipStation to do with the order.
Action options are:
- Display it
- Ship it
- Add it to a batch (new or existing)
Then, use your barcode scanner to start scanning!
Pro tip: Check the Keep this window open after orders are found and processed option if you have multiple actions you wish to perform or multiple orders to process.
Scan using the mobile app
Another option for scanning is available to our mobile app users on both the iOS and Android versions.
1. Open the ShipStation Mobile app, and head to the Orders tab.
2. Click the vertical ellipsis to view more options and tap Scan Barcode.
This function is intended to work with an order number barcode, but will also pull up all orders containing a specific item if you scan the SKU's barcode.
3. Once the barcode is centered on the screen with the red line, it will automatically scan the barcode.
Once scanned, the order will pull up on your mobile app!