If you need to export large amounts of data, or if you need a customized report for your Orders, head to the Orders tab and click on the Other Actions action menu. You can then choose either Export Orders or Export Order Line Items, depending on what data you need. All files export to a CSV formatted file.
The following video shows you how to export specific order data from ShipStation into a CSV spreadsheet format (if the video below doesn't show, you can watch it here). Detailed steps follow.
For information on exporting a customized Shipment report, check out this article.
1. First, on the Orders tab, select Other Actions > Export Orders.
Note: Export Orders will export Order Level data, and Export Order Line Items will export Item Level data. If you need to export information about specific items on your orders, you should choose the latter option.
2. In the Export pop-up, choose Create a New Format. This will let you customize the data that is on the exported file and save the format for later use.
3. This will open a new window where you will customize your export. Name your export and select from the Available Fields on the left side. Use the arrows to move the fields in the Fields to Export list. You can drag and drop the items in the Fields to Export list so they appear in a specific order on your report and you can also use the edit icon to edit the name of the column header.
4. When you are finished, click Save Export Format. You can save as many export formats as you like!
5. To use this format, just select it from the Export Formats and click Export. You'll see a pop-up in the top right that the file is preparing, then the file will download to your default Downloads location.
PRO TIP: The export window asks if you want to export ALL records in your current view or only export the selected records. By using ShipStation's filtering options, you can select just the subset of Orders for which you want to export data. For example, use the Order Date filter and Tag filter to export only Orders that were created between certain dates and contain specific tags as seen in the screenshot below.
6. Once the filters are in place, select the orders you want to export. Then choose Other Actions > Export Orders, select your custom format, and click Export.