ShipStation users generate historical, reference information as they create and modify data. Deleting users entirely would also delete this reference information.
To maintain the integrity of the historical information they generated in the account, instead of being deleted, users are deactivated or made inactive. Inactive users can't log in, nor do they count against your ShipStation plan's subscription limits.
As if they were deleted, an inactive user loses all ability to do anything within that ShipStation account. An inactive user has no way to log in, access, nor be reactivated within that ShipStation account unless an account's admin user reactivates their username.
Deactivate or Reactivate a User
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Account and then User Management from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click on the Edit link for an existing user.
4. In the Information sub-tab, look for the Allow this user to login setting.
5. Click the checkbox to either deselect the checkmark and deactivate the user, or add the checkmark to activate them. The user status reading, "This user account is active" will appear in green text, and the user status reading, "This user is inactive" will appear in red text.
6. Click Save when you're done!
TIP: To see inactive users, check the Show Inactive Users box on the User Management screen. They will be listed as Inactive under the Status column.