This article provides instructions about how to ...
In ShipStation, shipping-origin address information is paired with return-address information and saved as a Ship From Location. The return address information typically displays prominently on a shipping label, and the origin address information is used to calculate shipping rate quotes.
Ship From Locations serve a variety of purposes beyond just getting rate quotes. Many users have multiple Ship From Locations for a single warehouse to differentiate between selling channels and various branding purposes. There is no limit on the number of Ship From Locations you can have in your account, and this is the same for all plan levels.
Set Up and Manage Your Ship From Locations
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Shipping and then Ship From Locations from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Select Edit to edit a specific Ship From Location, or Add a Ship From Location to create a new one.
4. Fill in every field when editing these address details. Some fields are required so that certain services work properly. For example, UPS requires Origin Street 1, Origin City, Origin State, Origin Postal Code, and Origin Country in order to return accurate rate quotes.
5. Create multiple Ship From Locations if you have multiple origin or return addresses.
TIP: If you have multiple Ship From Locations, you can set a default, or select a particular Ship From Location on a per-order basis while you choose shipping options, or use automation rules to apply a particular Ship From Location to some or all incoming orders.
- You can only enter shipping origin addresses that match the country of origin you selected when you signed up for a ShipStation account.
- If you have Ship From Locations based in different countries, you will have to set up a ShipStation account for each country you will be shipping from. Currently, we have support for Ship From Locations based in the US, Canada, the UK, and Australia.
6. Click Save Changes when you're done either creating or editing a Ship From Location.
This video explains how to add a Ship From Location: