Yes! Head to your display options to change the way ShipStation saves and displays dimensions and weights.
You will need either the Configuration or Administration permission to adjust this account-wide setting. If you've got either of these, follow these steps to start using metric units.
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Account and then Display Options from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Go to the Time and Units tab, and adjust the units as needed.
4. Click Save Changes, and that's it! Your selected units of measure will appear all throughout the ShipStation interface.
If you're interested, here's some additional information about how we've implemented this preference:
- New accounts based in the United States will default to Inches, Pounds, and Ounces.
- New accounts based in Canada, UK, and AU will default to Centimeters and Grams.
- Decimals are supported, and round to two decimal places.
- Please avoid changing back and forth between different units of measure, because any rounding during conversion may result in a discrepancy between the original value and the converted value.
- Some carriers only support certain units of measure, so we have always (and will continue to) convert on the backend when needed.