This article explains a few reasons why products are not being created when orders import:
- Configure store to NOT import products
- Identify unique products
- Check if products are set as inactive
Configure Store to NOT Import Products
1. Go to Settings (the wrench icon in the Toolbar).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Select a store and click Edit.
4. Check if the store has been configured to NOT import products.
Identify Unique Products
Each store in ShipStation is set up to identify unique products either by SKU or product title. If this setting is configured to SKU and incoming order items have a blank or missing SKU, a product will not be created.
1. Follow steps 1-3 above.
2. Select the Products tab and check the section Products for this store are uniquely identified by this.
Check if Products are Set as Inactive
1. Go to Products in the toolbar.
2. Select the product in question and click the SKU or title. This will take you to the Standalone Product Detail pop-up page.
3. Check that no inactive products have the same SKU or title as the product in question.
Outside of settings in ShipStation, some selling channels may have settings for products that cause them to not import, such as digital-only products.
For example, Shopify has a setting to Require a shipping address for product variants. If this is not checked, the product will not import into ShipStation.