If you are integrating a marketplace (other than eBay) in addition to integrating your PayPal account, it is possible you will see orders duplicate with PayPal transactions. This is caused by using the same e-mail address in the two places in which you use PayPal. In order to separate the PayPal transactions that are not your marketplace orders, you will just need to add a new e-mail address to your PayPal account. (Note: This does not require that you open up a new PayPal account.)
This article explains ...
- How to add a new e-mail account to your PayPal.
- Two options for using your new email address to manage PayPal orders.
Add a new e-mail account to your PayPal
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Go to My Account, and then Profile.
3. Click Update on the Email line.
4. Click the Add button to add another e-mail account. Please note the e-mail address being used on your marketplace and the address which you use on your virtual terminal or PayPal invoices. (Note: It does not matter which e-mail is the Primary.)
Once you have added your second e-mail address to your PayPal account, you have two choices: to use the new e-mail address for your marketplace PayPal orders, or to use the new e-mail address for the "outside" PayPal orders (meaning not through your marketplace).
Option 1: I want to use the new e-mail address for my marketplace's PayPal orders
If you use a specific e-mail for all other transactions outside of your marketplace, then the simplest option is to use the new e-mail you created and modify your marketplace settings to make PayPal payments go to the new e-mail address. Then, when you integrate your PayPal account in ShipStation, be sure to use the "Restrict to email address" option and enter your e-mail address like shown below. If you have already integrated your PayPal account with ShipStation, you can edit this by doing the following:
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click the Connection link corresponding to your PayPal store.
Option 2: I want to use the new e-mail address only with my PayPal orders outside of my marketplace
If you do not want to change the e-mail being using for your marketplace payments, simply start using the new e-mail address you added for your other payments such as your website, virtual terminal, PayPal invoices, etc. Add this e-mail to ShipStation and use the "Restrict to e-mail address" option as shown above.