For any new ShipStation account, you'll find that there is already a store listed under your selling channels called Manual Orders. This is a special ShipStation store type that is not linked to any selling channel but allows you to create manual orders in ShipStation.
You can edit the Manual Orders store to apply store-specific details like company branding, delayed notifications, and default email and packing slip templates. You can create as many of these stores as you like.
There are a few reasons you might want to create new or additional ShipStation Manual Stores:
- Organize your incoming manual orders from different sources for order processing and reporting
- Maintain separate brand identities and customer communication rules
- Start fresh with your ShipStation manual orders, by deactivating an existing store and starting a new one. (This is great for testing new CSV order imports!)
Creating new ShipStation Stores
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click the Connect a Store or Marketplace button on the right side.
You'll see a list of available selling channels.
4. Scroll through (or begin typing in "shipstation") to find and select the ShipStation branded selling channel.
5. Choose if and how you'd like ShipStation to automatically number orders from this store. After that, enter the standard store information as prompted.
That's it! You can use the New Order button (or import a CSV) to create orders in your new manual store.