Introduction: In addition to offering a visual editor (also known as a WYSIWYG editor, or What You See Is What You Get) to edit your email templates, you also have the ability to edit the HTML directly (to get even fancier).
NOTE: ShipStation support does not provide custom HTML code assistance. Please ONLY attempt these edits if you are comfortable with HTML.
Steps to Access the HTML Editor
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Templates and then Email Templates from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Find the template you would like to modify, and click Edit under the Actions column.
4. Click the Edit HTML button:
This will change the text in the viewer from the WYSIWYG style to the HTML code.
- Not all HTML tags are supported. If you see red text above the editor, that indicates an unsupported tag has been used. Any unsupported tags that appear will also prevent your ability to switch back to the WYSIWYG editor. You will need to delete the unsupported tag from your code before you can switch back to the WYSIWYG editor.
- Add CSS either inline or between <style> tags at the top of the template.
- Scripts are not supported.