ShipStation provides the option to add up to three 26-character messages to your labels. These Label Messages can be configured in Settings > Printing > Printing Setup screen. ShipStation also provides a set of standard field replacements to make order-specific information printable on each label.
NOTE: Different carriers will print label messages according to their own proprietary format.
Configure Label Messages
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Printing and then Printing Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click on the Document Options for Labels.
4. Look for the Label Messages section, like you see in the picture below.
The following order information can be added to your label messages:
- Order #
- Store Company Name
- Ship Date
- Order Date
- SKU #1
- SKU #2
- SKU #3
- Product #1
- Product #2
- Product #3
- Notes from Buyer
- Custom Field #1
- Custom Field #2
- Custom Field #3
- Fill SKU #1
- Fill SKU #2
- Fill SKU #3
- Warehouse Loc #1
- Warehouse Loc #2
- Warehouse Loc #3
If you wish to put static, custom text on every shipping label (meaning that it won't change per order), type in whatever you wish, and it will print on your labels. Also, if you wish to add multiple field replacements to a single line, just type the additional field replacement between two square brackets, as in this example:
[SKU #1][Order #]
5. Click the Save Changes button when you've finished customizing your labels.
- Field replacements with #1, #2, and #3 refer to item-level field replacements and will show only up to the first three items on the order's items.
- Label messages are global, meaning ShipStation will print label messages on all labels that support them. Label messages cannot be customized per store or per carrier.